Saturday 28 May 2016

Lullaby

Voices voices in my head
Unleashing latent chaos.
Millions at a battle of wits. Millions in silent protest.
Let them speak if you seek Hell.
Noise. Abuse. Violence. Is all you get.
Music drowned out most of them.
The muddled ones grew calm
But what about the mulish ones
And what do I do with them now?
Vaguely I remember a promise.
A lullaby offering sleep.
Sometimes a croon was all it took
To drive insanity away.
I reluctantly sought out my remedy.
Thrice rang a little phone
And a voice crooned welcome.
Redemption announced its arrival
And at the other side, someone kept a vow.
Mulish voices drifted away
Like tiny dust on a sunny day.
A lullaby like hallucinogen
And I hallucinated serenity.
Now I was dust on a sunny day.
Now I forgot who I am.
The voice knew I drifted. Sighed content.
Another smile earned tonight.
Another life saved.
.
-The Violet Woman
Fragments #4
.
All Rights Reserved ®
© Copyright Protected.
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

No comments:

Post a Comment