Saturday 28 May 2016

Incentive

Midnight finds me tucked in nice
Amongst comfortable sheets.
Exhaustion makes its arrogance known
Knees that once supported, now limp beneath shelter.
Eyes don't close, as they held dreams
Instead of the sleep I longed for throughout the day.
Tracing shapes. Chasing stars.
String of random thoughts.
I discover with a jolt
That I haven't written in a while.
Incentive. Where to find?
Asked my bereft mind.
Wasn't contentment motivating enough?
Why would I lie awake then?
Serenity?
Foreign language.
I greet Insomnia as a long lost friend.
So you found your incentive?
No. Insomnia is a side effect.
I seek the source.
Somewhere a shadow whispered.
Grief.
Grief is raw incentive.
Pure. Earth shattering.
It's what makes you write, Lady.
It's what keeps you awake.
.
-The Violet Woman
Fragments #1
.
All Rights Reserved ®
© Copyright Protected.
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║

No comments:

Post a Comment