Friday 22 July 2016

Infinity and Beyond



Today of all days, the lifts decided that Rebellion was the next best way to kill a man.

The first was obesity.

Trust me when I say by the time I reached my heavenly abode, located a good seventeen floors above Earth, I became the Bleeding God and I bled salt water.

Even Oxygen couldn't touch me for the next thirty seven minutes.

My Mother opened the door and reduced herself to a mass of salt water too. Mine bled through my pores, Hers through her soul.

Ask for water, and Life puts salt in it.

She whimpered clutching my hands, holding on to them as if they were her last grip on sanity. And handed me the Letter.

My sister's Letter.

Nope. She didn't elope.

My sister belonged to the category of women who enjoyed their own company so much that sacrificing it for the eternal company of another seemed like a deadly sin. A Narcissist by birth, she considers all men as scum, except the men in her family, so the whole idea of her eloping can be put out of the equation. Period.

But she did run away.

I read the letter, hoping she did not run away with my DSLR.

"Omi,

Remember the day we fled to the lighthouse by the sea after we fought with our parents?
We both spent hours staring at the sea spread out infinitely in front of us, discussing possibilities, our future, the places we would travel together, our mutual attraction to the Mountain Road... Remember?

That was the last day I set my eyes upon the sea.

I don't even remember what shade of Blue they were. Turquoise? Indigo? Aquamarine?

But I do remember the cracked walls of the hospital. Pale Yellow with age. I remember the Poison Green coloured sheets. The deep shade of Red with a tinge of Maroon in it. My Blood.

We both know that I am beyond saving. I don't want radiation and medicines and all those toxic substances they inject to make me feel better to be the last thing I remember when I die.
There are certain things left  to do in this world. Like a Bucket List. For Example, I want to fly on a bike with my hair open, singing out loud. I want to run up the spiral stairs of a hundred lighthouses and scream at the top of my lungs, and I want to run all the way down screaming like a madman. I want to visit those temples up in the mountains and know what is so incredibly special about them. I want to learn how to play the guitar. I want to read a thousand books. Just a thousand. Because I have so little time left in this world."

Involuntarily I shuddered just reading this particular line.

"And then I want to fall in love. Not with any other person, Omi. With myself. I want to live the rest of my life devoting to my happiness. I want to love my body for being just the way it is, the deep stretch marks, the scars from childhood fights, my unhealthy hair with split ends. Just like how John Legend sung for his wife, I want to love all my curves and edges. My perfect imperfections.
Because I lived to this day hating every single thing about me. I blamed myself for the fights our parents had. I blamed my body when my boyfriend broke up. I cut down my hair every time it grew because I thought it looked ridiculous, even though every time I let it grow you said I looked beautiful. Right now, I believe it is all the blaming and the hating that made my cells rebel against itself. I mean seriously I don't blame them now. How can I expect my body to love itself when I myself didn't love it in the first place?

But now that is going to change.

Please don't come after me, Omi. Just don't. I know we promised ourself a mountain ride. But the Best is kept for Last. Just let me go, Omi. Let me enjoy life for myself. Taste a piece of Infinity and Beyond.

Alone.

I want you to pacify our parents. Tell them nothing worse that THIS is gonna happen to me. I'm a dead person anyway.

More than that, I want you to be happy. I want you to be happy that your sister made her peace with death. I want you to be happy that I lived before I died. I want you to be happy that you raised me up in a spectacular way, and nothing would ever replace your lessons in any way whatsoever.

Be happy for me. Be happy for us. This is what I want right now. I would be eternally grateful to you if you do this one thing for me.

In return, I can only promise you one thing.

I promise you that I won't die while I'm gone.

I love you, Omi.
And Mom and Dad too.

To Infinity and Beyond.

Love,
Ishitha. "


I held her letter and smiled. It was drenched in emotions. Both Hers and Mine.

"What will we do, Omkar?" My mom wept in my hands.
"We let her taste infinity and beyond." I said, smiling.

There was one more letter stapled to this one.

"P.S-
I am borrowing your DSLR.
And your T-shirts.
And your Credit card.
I promise you that I would spend judiciously.
XOXO"

I let out a groan while my father laughed in the background.






-The Violet Woman
Lilliput #7
Written By TVW
All Rights Reserved ®
© Copyright Protected.
█║▌║▌║││█║▌║▌║


.
Picture Source: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment